Dining rooms should be pretty straight forward but there are a couple of common home staging slip ups that we see. Follow this check list to ensure your dining area presents well.
1) Size Wise! It's a common theme in our blog posts, but size counts! Make sure your table is appropriately sized to the space. There should be at least 24" from edge of table to wall or passages. This ensures that the chairs can move in and out without interfering in hallways or denting walls.
2) Consider Your Buyer. Where are you selling? Suburban Home? Hip Queen West Condo? Consider who will be looking at your space, and select the furniture to appeal to the most likely demographic of shopper. Remember, we are selling a lifestyle. Go for aspirational!
3) Clean and Tidy. Table top should be clear of debris and food remnants. Do not leave a laptop on your living dining table? This could make potential buyers wonder if there is no room for a desk!
4) Define The Space. A light fixture is a great way to define a dining area. Select a fixture that will look sharp, not cheap. Make sure you hire a qualified electrician to do any electrical work in your property.
5) Decorate. Place a nice bowl, or a grouping of vases in the centre of the table. Again, consider the scale of the table in relation to the object.